HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Apply Online
Please note, MUT only accepts online applications. Make sure you apply online.
Prospective MUT students should apply through the Central Application Office (CAO)
Step 2: Complete your Online Application form in full
Step 3: Attach all Supporting Documents.
South African applicants need to attach the following certified copies:
- National Senior Certificate
- Identity Document
- Students transferring from other universities should submit an original academic record and a certificate of good conduct.
International Students will need the following documents:
- A valid study permit
- Valid health insurance cover
- A valid passport
- GCE, GCSE, IGCSE or Cambridge School Certificate
Step 4: Apply for Student Residence.
Step 5: Find Funding.
We hope that the information provided will enable you to make an informed decision about applying to MUT. To help you get the most out of the information provided, here are a few key points you should bear in mind:
- Identify the course you wish to study. Programmes offered can be found in the Department Handbooks.
- The minimum entrance requirements for admission to the MUT for a South African applicant is a Senior Certificate or a recognized equivalent qualification. Over and above the minimum entrance requirements, each department also sets specific entrance requirements.
- With effect from 1 January 2009 the following are the entrance requirements :
- a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi Council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education and Training provided that a minimum of 4 recognised NSC 20-credit subjects must be passed.
- These four subjects must:
- include English with an achievement rating of 3 or better;
- not exceed 2 official languages; and
- have an achievement rating of 3 or better, in accordance with the NSC levels of achievement below:
- International applicants are required to check the International Brochure for detailed information on the admission process.
- Apply online at the Central Applications Office (CAO). (A prospective student who wishes to study at the DUT must apply via the CAO.)
- OR Apply through CAO here
Please complete the CAO application form, and attach certified copies of your identity document and Grade 12 certificate (or final Grade 11, June/ Trial Grade 12 report if you have not written your final examination). The application form must reach the CAO office before the closing date of 31 October. CAO webpage at www.cao.ac.za
Have questions about your application?
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 031 907 7111
Need to find the institution?
511 Griffiths Mxenge Hwy, Umlazi, Durban, 4031