Have you longed to study at the Central University of Technology? Then, the CUT online application for the 2021 academic year is currently ongoing, and the closing date is fast approaching. However, to successfully enroll CUT, there are necessary pieces of information you must know.
The Central University of Technology (CUT) is one of the notable tertiary learning institutions in South Africa. It was established as Technikon Free State in Bloemfontein, a Free State province of South Africa, in 1981 before the government upgraded it
How do I apply for Central University of Technology?
Before you are considered eligible to apply to the institution, there are a few things you should take note of as contained in the CUT prospectus PDF. If you are a Grade 12 learner, your final Grade 11 results would be required. Also, depending on the certificate you are applying with, you may have to get the SAQA Certificate. Then, there may be a need to attach your School Leaving Certificate or Final Grade results.
If you are an international applicant who has studied at another higher institution, you will have to provide your academic records/transcript with a certificate of conduct. Also, depending on the certificate you are applying with, you may have to get the SAQA Certificate. Then, there may be a need to attach your School Leaving Certificate or Final Grade results.
Once all of that is settled, here is the procedure that you need to follow to complete your CUT online application 2021 successfully.
- Log onto the official registration portal of the institution.
- Once you are there, you would be asked if you have a student number and if you are returning to complete your registration or not.
- If you click on No since you are just starting, the terms and conditions would be displayed, which you are either going to agree to or decline. However, if you agree, you will be able to further your application process.
- After agreeing to them, click on the Next button so that you can access the biographical form, which you should carefully fill. Among other things, you would be asked for your nationality, personal information, and your contact address.
- Once that is completed, click on the Next button to supply the necessary information also.
6. Take note that your application process is not completed until you click on Submit Application at the end of the process. At the same time, a confirmation email would be sent to the email address you submitted while filling the form.
Then, make sure to scan and upload all relevant documents while applying before you finally click on submit. If you successfully complete the process, you would be given a student number, which will serve as your identity each time any information is to be passed across.
If at the end of applying you do not get any confirmation email, you should not be afraid. Depending on your chosen campus, you can either contact student admissions on 0579103513/3509 or 0515073021/3028/3013/3762 for Bloemfontein and Welkom campuses, respectively. Alternatively, you can send an email to [email protected], and the issues would be rectified for you.
Is CUT still open for applications?
Yes. The 2021 CUT online application forms are still open for both local and international students. According to the institution’s website, the closing date for the application is the 31st of October 2020, though this may differ based on the programme you are applying for. This means that any CUT application form that comes in after the set deadlines will be disregarded.
How much is CUT application fee?
The Central University of Technology is one of the universities with free online applications in South Africa. Since the 1st of July, 2019, the institution stopped accepting application fee from students. By implication, all applications made until the closure date are free.
How do I check my CUT application status?
Following the CUT online registration process is easy. Once you have applied, you may want to hold on for further details. Usually, you are encouraged to give between four and six weeks within which you should receive the necessary feedback.
You can check the status of your application into the Central University of Technology online by visiting the official CUT status check webpage. There, you would be required to input your identification/passport number. Once that is done, you will know if there is further information you need to provide or corrections that need to be made.
The Central University of Technology (CUT) has lots of relevant courses that they offer, which students can avail themselves of to achieve their dreams and life ambitions. Their faculties include Humanities, Health and Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, and Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology. While you may have to visit the website to get all the information about the courses offered at the institution, a list of some of the new offers are listed below:
- Bachelor of Management Sciences in Accounting
- Bachelor of Management Sciences in Internal Auditing
- Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management
- Bachelor of Health Sciences in Clinical Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Construction in Construction Management
- Advanced Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Health Sciences in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Advanced Diploma in Applied Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurial Management
On a final note, you should bear in mind that admission into the Central University of Technology is based on merit, which is why you must be sure that you have met all the requirements before applying. With the CUT online application guide explained so far, you should find the process easy. Besides, make sure that you apply before the closing date to be eligible for consideration for admission.