You’ve got your coffee maker, a few cups of coffee beans, and the time. You’re all set to have a cup of coffee at home. But what if you want something different? A new blend? Something other than regular brew or espresso?
Dalgona Coffee has that covered. We provide high-quality blends, like Puro Arabica and Café de España, as well as instructions on how to make your own Algona at home!
Here are some ways to make Dalgona Coffee right in your kitchen:
What is Dalgona Coffee?
Simply put, Dalgona coffee is whipped coffee. It is fluffy, and that texture alone gives it a very unique taste and feels. Picture a cup of your favourite beverage, and then add an extra cup of your favourite ice creamed flavour, perfectly whipped. Now that is a cup of delicious goodness you want to have every morning. I know because I do too. Dalgona Coffee is a blend of Arabica beans that delivers the perfect taste. This coffee is made from different types of beans from all over the world, carefully roasted and blended to provide you with a fresh cup of tasty morning brew.
Of course, Dalgona coffee isn’t all about the beans; you still have to master the technique of whipping coffee to achieve the perfect texture and flavour. In this article, we will be showing you how to perfectly whip your coffee, what to pair it with, and the best way to have it. We will also be talking about why you should choose dalgona coffee. Giddy up, we’ve got you covered.
How to make homemade Dalgona Coffee
Anybody, that is if not everybody who loves coffee, knows how to get a good coffee brew in the morning. Are you a coffee lover? If yes, then this article is just right for you. And if you are not a coffee lover, you will be after reading this article. Making dalgona coffee is not your usual process. But before we walk you through the step by step process of making delicious dalgona coffee, let us talk about all the ingredients you need.
Ingredients needed to prepare Dalgona coffee
To prepare a pot of dalgona goodness, you need the following ingredients;
- A kettle or pot of boiling water is used in whipping the coffee
- Ground instant coffee. Simply put, instant coffee is dehydrated coffee power which be can be brewed to obtain coffee.
- Cream or warm milk
- A whisk. Could be manual or electronic ( should be preferably electronic)
- A mixing bowl for whisking the coffee
There, as you can see, you don’t need so much to achieve a good pot of dalgona coffee. Now that we are down with the ingredient let’s move on to the main deal, the brewing process.
How to make your own Dalgona Coffee at home.
The first thing you need to do here is to get your medium-size mixing bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of instant coffee powder.
- Then add 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- The next step is to add two tablespoons of boiling water. Make sure that the water is boiling. Then you can begin whisking.
- If you are using a manual whisk, then this step is going to be a little bit of an exercise. You need to consistently whip the coffee and sugar mixture for at least 3 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, you can check the consistency and then whip the mixture again for at least 5 to 7 minutes. So your whisking time sums up to a total of 10 to 12 minutes.
- At that point, your coffee mixture should have a fluffy consistency, and that is how you know your whipped coffee mixture is ready.
- But not so fast, you don’t plan on taking empty whipped coffee and sugar, do you?. Of course not. You need liquid milk. Get a glass, pour in a good amount of milk ( could be warm or chilled depending on how you want your coffee), add a spoonful of your whipped coffee mixture.
- Go to your favourite at home, get comfortable and enjoy.
Extra tips and tricks on how to achieve the perfect dalgona coffee
- When preparing our coffee blend, avoid reducing the sugar. The combination of sugar and coffee is what gives dalgona coffee its foamy and creamy texture. If you are one with a sweet tooth, then you can feel free to add a teaspoon of sugar. But not too much now; we do not want to overdo it.
- Do not add hot water to your coffee and sugar mixing once you commence whisking. This stops the coffee mixture from forming that perfect creamy texture.
- Dalgona coffee works only with granulated sugar. It could be brown or white; any would do, really. Do not use sweeteners such as maple syrups or honey. These won’t do the trick.
- When it comes to the main ingredient, which is coffee, just instant coffee will work to make this recipe a success.
- When whipping the coffee and sugar mixture, alternate your hand movements between clockwise, anti-clockwise and even zig-zag movement. These alternated hand movements help build up that foamy and creamy consistency.
- For vegan dalgona coffee options, you can try almond milk. Soy milk is a perfect match as well.
- If you want your coffee hot, then all you need to do is warm up your liquid milk and then add a spoon full of your foamy whipped coffee.
Discover the different blends
In case you are wondering if and why you should choose dalgona coffee, allow us to show you why. Below are some of the advantages of drinking dalgona coffee
- Less coffee, more milk equals less acidity
Dalgona coffee has a high proportion of milk to coffee. MIlk is known to counter the effects of acid in the stomach. Thereby creating a balance in our system and protecting your system from the harmful effects of too much caffeine.
- Getting a balanced sleep
It is a widely known fact that coffee, due to its proportion of caffeine, helps in preventing sleep. This is the principal reason why a lot of people drink coffee. TO complete that homework, to get extra hours on that job, to complete that project. You get the big picture. Not sleeping for a couple of hours can be of great help true, but not sleeping for a lot of hours can cause trouble.
That is exactly what dalgona coffee helps you prevent. Due to the small amount of coffee used in dalgona coffee, you are certain to get a balanced amount of sleep. Dalgona all the way right!
- Good energy booster
Coffee contains caffeine which is widely known and loved for its ability to boost adrenaline levels. Are you exhausted? And you don’t know how to get through the day; we’ve got you covered. With just a cup of coffee in the morning, you get the energy you need to get through work, school, and sometimes when just your day. Dalgona coffee allows y
- Physical and health benefits
A cup of dalgona coffee contains just the right amount of potassium and magnesium, which are known for their ability to reduce blood sugar levels. This can help in reducing your overall body mass. A good amount of coffee can help in losing weight. For all my dieting coffee loves, this is the coffee recipe for you.
Making Dalgona coffee is a simple process that requires only a few ingredients. By following these simple steps, you will be able to enjoy the rich flavour of Dalgona coffee in your own home. We hope you enjoyed reading this article because we enjoy giving you delicious recipes for your favourite coffee. If you have never tried dalgona coffee, now is the best time. You have all you need to know right here.