KUCCPS stands for Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service. Everyday we come across a number of Kenyans who have a tough time searching and finding information on KUCCPS application form. We know how hard it can get to find proper information about such a huge platform, even searching the internet doesn’t work most of the times. So, we decided to help you with the right information that we have just collected for you in this article.
KUCCPS was established in the year 2012 (University Act) to synchronize the deployment of Government supported students to various colleges and universities of Kenya.
KUCCPS application form
Through KUCCPS, you will be able to enter the prime universities of Kenya. But for that, you are required to fill the application form online. We will assist you in the best way possible.
Ways to fill up the forms
Step 1: Visit the KUCCPS Website and log into your account on the student portal page.
Step 2: While logging, in you need to provide the index number of your respective KCSE examination. Next, write the corresponding year when you sat for the KCSE examination. In the password section, you need to provide the number of your birth certificate. If you are not able to provide that then you can input your KCPE index number instead.
Step 3: After signing into your account on the web portal you just need to click on the ‘Courses/Programmes’ option. Now, if you want to apply for a specific course then you need to select the domain under which your desired course appears and finally click on the desired programme.
Step 4: After the selection of courses, a page pops up which shows the required cluster points (for all the subjects of the specific course), a list of similar courses (along with a key that represents the concerned college) and the respective course codes of all the courses offered by this institution.
Step 5: Now, you need to pay the application fees. The fees can be paid using Mpesa. You just follow the instructions shown below –
- Visit Mpesa on the mobile phone.
- Click on the option which reads as ‘Pay Bill’.
- For completing the transaction you need to enter the Business number which is ‘820201’.
- Finally, you have to provide your exam year (KCSE) followed by the index number (11 digits)
- Enter your desired amount
- Provide the Mpesa PIN and just send it.
Step 6: For the revision process you 1st have to click the “change/revise option” under the Course/Program heading.
Step 7: After completion of all formalities you must remember to log out of the system as it keeps your data safe.
Something more about KUCCPS Kenya
KUCCPS along with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) has initiated the messaging platform, an information distributing system that offers a career-boosting moment for the aspirants. KUCCPS provides career counseling for several courses –
- BSc in Environmental Conservation and Management.
- BSc in Biotechnology and Agriculture.
- BSc in Sports Science and Health Promotion.
- BSc in Vision Science and Optometry
- BSc in Dietetics and Human Nutrition
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. in Civil Engineering
- BSc in Computer Science
- B.E. in Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech (Applied Chemistry)
- BSc in Biofuel Technology and Renewable Energy
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Development
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Science)
- Bachelor of Arts (English)
- Bachelor of Arts (Kiswahili)
- BSc in Statistics
- BA in Peace Education
- Bachelor in Library Science
- BSc in Agricultural Economics
- BSc in Agribusiness
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication
- BSc in Psychology
- BSc in Geography
- BA in Economics and History
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Economics
- BSc in Statistics and Economics
- BSc in Computer Science and Mathematics
- BBA & IT
- Bachelor Program in Purchase and Supplies
- BSc in Physics
- Bachelor Program in Mass Communication
- Bachelor in Film Media and Animation
- BSc (Mechatronics)
- BSc in Instrumentation and Control System
- BE in Computer Science and Electronics
- B.Com Honours
- BSc in IT and Telecommunication
KUCCPS officials has started a student login portal. Through this online portal all potential students of an University like you can create an online account. After that you can perform several academic activities by just logging into your personal account. You can also check your admission status through this portal.
There are many other portals initiated by KUCCPS –
- KUCCPS Institution Portal
- KUCCPS Principal Portal
- KUCCPS Students Portal
You can also have a look at the placement policy of KUCCPS on its official website.
These are the steps to follow during your KUCCPS application:
- Simply search for the website on Google by typing ‘KUCCPS’.
- Select the web page displayed at the top of the search result which is the KUCCPS student’s portal page and just click Login.
- Now, input your login credentials on the login page. The credentials include index number of your KCSE profile along with the password and the year of registration.
- After login, you can see the available courses under the ‘Programs’ head of the Menu option. Here, you can compare the cluster weights with the previous sessions cut off marks and just make a note of the programs where you earned the highest cluster weights.
- Identify the 7 digit code for the programs/courses that you are eager to study for. After that just click on the ‘Application/Revision’ option.
- Now, follow the steps as shown on the computer screen and finally submit the application.
But, you need to take care of some points before you apply –
- Revision fee is to be paid by the first time applicants. You just follow the guidelines for making payments.
- The candidates who are applying for the 2nd time must provide the codes used for the previous transactions.
For further support, you can make a call on the numbers provided at the end of the article at any time.
Courses offered at KUCCPS
Cluster 1 – Law and Related Fields
Cluster 2 – Business and Related Fields
Cluster 3 – Arts and Related Fields
Cluster 4 – Geoscience and Related Fields
Cluster 5 – Special Education
Cluster 6 – Kiswahili and Related Fields
Cluster 7 – Technology, Engineering and Related Fields
Cluster 8 – Architecture, Design, Planning and Related Fields
Cluster 9 – IT, Computing and Related Fields
Cluster 10 – Agribusiness and Related Fields
Cluster 11 – Science and Related Fields
Cluster 12 – Economics, Mathematics and Related Fields
Cluster 13 – Textiles, Design and Related Fields
Cluster 14 – Physical Design, Sports and Related Fields
Cluster 15 – Health, Nursing, Medicine and Related Fields
Cluster 16 – History and Related Fields
Cluster 17 – Environment, Food Science, Agriculture and Related Fields
Cluster 18 – Natural Resources Management, Geography and Related Fields
Cluster 19 – French and Related Fields
Cluster 20 – German and Related Fields
Cluster 21 – Music and Related Fields
Cluster 22 – Education Arts and Education Science
Cluster 23 – Religious Students and Related Fields
- Education Arts
- Clothing Textile
- Health Sciences
- Tax Administration
- Tourism and Hotel Management
- Education Science
- Custom Administration
- Social Sciences
- Tax Administration
- Health Sciences
- Clothing Textile
- Social Sciences
- Customs Administration
KUCCPS application information
A few months back, KUCCPS officially announced that in the month of April,you would get to re-select your courses through KUCCPS online application.
Unfortunately, the time is over but those who want to apply for inter-college transfer can fulfill his/her wish by simply submitting the application before the deadline.
KUCCPS cluster points
KUCCPS cluster points are easily calculable by using the formula provided below –
The KUCCPS grading system which is used for calculating cluster points is as follows –
The entry level (placement batch) for all the KCSE candidates was C+ grade (above 46 points).
- Website: http://kuccps.net/
- Address: 1st Ngong Avenue, Upper Hill, Nairobi
- Telephone: (+254) 0734879662, 0723954927
- E-Mail ID: [email protected]