Application Procedure and Requirements
Application procedure and requirements for study visa
- An application form obtainable from home affairs,
- A valid passport (for a year or more),
- Admission letter from the University,
- A letter from the institution in support of your study visa (International office),
- Bank statement – Copy of passport or I.D of parent or guardian responsible for the financial support and a supporting letter,
- A study visa fee of R425-00,
- Proof of medical aid cover confirming that you will be covered while in SA. Medical reports (including Radiology & Pathology).
- A police clearance certificate from your country of origin,
- Repatriation fee of R585-00,
- Copy of yellow fever vaccination (If relevant),
- If the applicant is under 21 years old, there should be a letter of consent from a parent or guardian.
For more information on how to apply for a study permit, please visit http://www.southafrica.info/travel/documents/studypermits.htm. If you have a study permit, remember to renew it 3 months before its expiration. If you neglect to do this, the State can impose heavy fines both on you and on the University. The process of getting a study permit can take 4-8 weeks to process; hence, it is advisable to make study visa applications as soon as possible.